POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Doc question : Re: Doc question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doc question
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 2 Dec 1999 21:01:25
Message: <38472483.B39B7BD4@enter.net>

> This may do the trick, but the comments I want to add will not fit in the
> status status line (some of the  POV keywords are explained with several
> lines/ chapters).  The only alternative with the comments added to the
> windows status bar would be srolling lines. If someone has got an example
> handy for me to give it a try and a look. (and vice versa)

Ah, in this case, perhaps you would be better off using frames.

Granted, there are some users who will not have frames, but I think
these days they are a minority, and a frames alternative will at
least let them read your page, while a correct use of a smaller
"footnote" frame will allow most visitors to cross reference
footnotes and glossary style entries in a separate frame without
having to lose their place in your main text. I have made a very
brief example for your to see, in case this will do what you want.
The actual text I use is very simple, I know, but it is only meant
to show off the technique. Have a look at:

http://www.enter.net/~cfusner/tutorial/footnotes/frameref.htm

Charles